What’s new at Conceptboard: typing indicators and QR codes
We’ve added some some useful features to the board and polished up the UI! Read on to see what’s new at Conceptboard.
Real time collaboration is now visualized with typing indicators. You’ll be able to see when a board participant is writing in a text box, sticky note, comment, or writing in the board chat.
Conferencing tools in one place
We’ve reorganized the board real-time conferencing tools in the upper right corner of the board, alongside the active users on your board! Board chat and moderator mode are now right next to the audio and video conferencing.
We’ve also merged the Conferencing menu into the View menu. If you want to turn off the other users’ mouse cursors or turn back on the screen positions, you can now do so from the View menu.
Find user in the board
When you’re working on large boards, you can always find the other board participants by looking at your mini-map. Now you can also click on their user icon in the upper right corner of the board and select “Find user in board”. You’ll jump to directly to their location!
Board QR Codes for quick sharing
We’ve made it easier to get everyone in the room on the same board! When you’re in a meeting or hashing out a brainstorming session, you can now generate a QR code to share the board link with everyone.
- Click the Share dialog in the board.
- Check that the board is set to “Anyone with the link” and choose the board access role you want for new participants (Editor, Reviewer, Viewer).
- Click on the QR code icon next to the board url.
- Have everyone in the room scan the code and you’re done!
QR codes and iPhones
A quick tip: iPhone users can now directly scan QR codes via the Chrome app. Just make sure the Chrome app is updated to the latest version. Then, you can access the scanner in two ways:
1. 3D Touch the Chrome app icon and choose Scan QR Code.
2. Pull down to reveal the Spotlight search box, search for “QR” (make sure it’s upper case!) and select Scan QR Code from Chrome’s listing.
That’s it! Sometimes it’s the little things. Let us know on Twitter what you think of the updates!
Jumpstart your collaboration today!
Discover how Conceptboard accelerates your virtual collaboration and achieve brilliant results.