Import Spreadsheet Cells as Sticky Notes: Conceptboard
Whether you’re building user stories or running a design thinking workshop, we’ve made it easier to import cells from your spreadsheet tables directly to Conceptboard’s Online Whiteboard. This works for a variety of formats including popular ones such as .xlsx, .csv etc. Once imported these sticky notes can be edited, color-coded and moved around at will. We outline the steps below:
Import spreadsheet cells as sticky notes
Please note this feature works in current versions of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Edge browsers. Here’s how it works:
- Ctrl/Cmd + C to copy cells
- IE/Edge/Firefox browser users: click +Insert or the + icon in the board
- Ctrl/Cmd + V to paste cells in the board
Tips for importing a spreadsheet table as sticky notes:
- Depending on your setup, some Firefox, IE, and Edge browser users may have to click the + icon before they can paste spreadsheet cells as sticky notes.
- Make sure to paste the cells into an empty area of the board. This makes it easier to then select the sticky notes and change their size and color.
- If your sticky notes have a lot of content and overlap, use the Select tool to drag a selection rectangle around all them. Grab the selection handle and resize all the sticky notes together. This keeps them nicely aligned.
- Prefer to have a different layout? Use the grid layout to quickly re-organize sticky notes.
How to directly import spreadsheet files into a board
You also have the option of directly inserting different spreadsheet formats into a board. Simply click on the ‘+’ sidebar and choose the ‘Upload files’ icon to add files directly from your local machine. You can also add a variety of other content formats such as PDF, PPT, PNG, JPG, DOCX to name a few. Conceptboard is the easiest way to centralize your files and visually organize versions.